Careers at the Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy
Now Hiring: Office Manager and Bookkeeper (Part-time)
MHLC is hiring! We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong commitment to conservation who is interested in growing with the organization. The Office Manager and Bookkeeper position will be part time at approximately 20 hours per week and reports to the Director of Operations & Development.
The Office Manager and Bookkeeper will have a variety of responsibilities and will have a critical role in supporting all MHLC programs. Primary activities will include general office management as well as bookkeeping using Quickbooks software and assisting with budgeting, annual audit, and other aspects of the organization’s financial management. Other responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the point person for office manager duties including: answering phones, scheduling meetings and appointments, greeting office visitors, managing office stationery and equipment, filing and office organization, maintaining the office condition, and providing general administrative support to our employees;
- Submitting and tracking payroll and HR benefits;
- Assisting in the onboarding process for new hires and board members;
- Managing office vendors, service providers, and office lease;
- Assisting with Board meetings, Board minutes, the preparation of Board reports, and the management of the password-protected board portal on the MHLC website.
For a full job description, click here.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Mark King, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have an interest in joining the Conservancy’s Board of Directors? We are looking for individuals who will help build on the organization’s success in conserving open space throughout the Capital Region. Board members serve a 3-year volunteer term and must have a passion for conservation. Call or email for additional information.
Volunteers and Preserve Stewards
Volunteers are needed to help maintain our 16 Preserves that are open to the public and located in Albany and Montgomery Counties. Preserve Steward positions are open at several of the preserves. Would you be able to help out as a volunteer or Preserve Steward? If interested, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
MHLC has conservation and communication internship openings at different times in the year. We will post here when we are seeking applications for these internships.