CHALK THE WALK 2020– VOTE HERE!!
Voting will close at noon on Monday, September 28th, winners will be announced that evening! One vote per person, please!
Art on the Rail Trail (ART) is a volunteer committee of the Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy. ART’s mission is to support and improve the Albany County Helderberg-Hudson Rail Trail by creating public works of art along the Rail Trail. These unique art installations encourage local and regional visitors of varying ages and physical abilities to enjoy this amenity, both increasing the diversity of trail users and benefiting the local economy.
During this time of uncertainty, public art and outdoor spaces are more vital than ever! The ART committee is thrilled to announce the newest addition to the trail’s public art collection created by artist Susan Togut. The new installation, located along the Rail Trail between Main Street and Grove Street in Voorheesville, was made possible in part from a generous grant from the Voorheesville Community and School Foundation. Special thanks to the Village of Voorheesville for their support and assistance making this project a reality. Read more in the latest blog post!
Check out the art installations at these locations:
- Susan Togut art installations between Main St. and Grove St. in Voorheesville (2020).
- Young People’s Mural at the Kenwood Ave. trailhead in Slingerlands (2019). A community mural designed by student Emily Meier, project work led by artist Andrea Hersh.
- Angela Cuozzo mural for Bliss Juice Bar on Delaware Ave. in Delmar (2019).
- John DeMarco art on the columns under the Cherry Ave. bridge in Slingerlands (2018).
- Ramiro Davaro-Comas mural on the Rail Trail bridge crossing Delaware Ave. in Delmar (2018).
- Andrea Hersh mural at the Adams St. Rail Trail entrance in Delmar (2017).
Stay tuned for Chalk the Walk 2020!
Thank you to our 2020 Sponsors!
Policy Research Associates
Allied Business Partners Corp
Calling all local businesses! Help us beautify this exceptional recreational asset! To learn more about ART sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Improve the quality of life • Involve community • Enhance the beauty of the Rail Trail in all seasons •
Encourage a sense of community ownership for the Rail Trail • Raise community awareness for ART