Rail Trail Etiquette
As you enjoy your experience on the Albany County Helderberg-Hudson Rail Trail, Albany County and the Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy ask that you please observe these courtesies:
- Be courteous and considerate of other trail users.
- Keep right, pass left. This applies to all trail users.
- Avoid startling others; announce “on your left” then pass with care.
- Move to the side when stopping on the trail.
- Bicyclists should yield to pedestrians.
- Travel at a reasonable speed and in single file when path is crowded.
- Respect our neighbors and don’t trespass on private property.
- Pets MUST be leashed at all times
- Control and clean up after your pet(s).
- No hunting or discharging of firearms.
- Overnight camping and camp fires are prohibited.
- Remove your litter – this is a “Carry In/Carry Out” trail.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited. (Wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility assistance devices are permitted.)
- Enjoy the beauty of wild plants & animals, but leave them undisturbed for all to enjoy.
Above all, please do whatever you can to leave the Rail Trail better for your next visit.
Donate today to support the Rail Trail and future improvements and expansions!