Rail Trail Etiquette
As you enjoy your experience on the Albany County Helderberg-Hudson Rail Trail, Albany County and the Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy ask that you please observe these courtesies:
- Keep right, pass left. This applies to all trail users.
- This is a mixed-use path. Be courteous and considerate of other trail users.
- Avoid startling others; announce “on your left” then pass with care.
- Move to the side when stopping on the trail.
- Bicyclists should yield to pedestrians.
- Travel at a reasonable speed and in single file when path is crowded.
- Respect our neighbors and don’t trespass on private property.
- Pets MUST be leashed at all times
- Control and clean up after your pet(s).
- No hunting or discharging of firearms.
- Overnight camping and camp fires are prohibited.
- Remove your litter – this is a “Carry In/Carry Out” trail.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited. (Wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility assistance devices are permitted.)
- Enjoy the beauty of wild plants & animals, but leave them undisturbed for all to enjoy.
Above all, please do whatever you can to leave the Rail Trail better for your next visit.