MHLC Stewardship Volunteer Calendar
Whether you’re a long-time MHLC volunteer or new to the volunteering community, we invite you to join us at one of these upcoming stewardship volunteer opportunities!
Step 1: Be sure to fill out a volunteer application if you have not volunteered with MHLC before.
Step 2: Review the list below and complete an online registration for each of the stewardship days that you plan to attend.
Step 3: Mark your calendar. Our Stewardship Coordinator, Kent Harlow, will be in touch with you a few days before the stewardship workday(s) to confirm your participation.
- Questions about your registration? For general volunteering questions, email email@example.com. For stewardship-specific questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t see the right fit for you? Visit our volunteer page to learn about other opportunities, including outreach events, tabling at festivals, helping with office work, and more!
- Sign up for our mailing list to be the first to learn about new volunteer opportunities and our conservation updates!
VOLUNTEER WORKDAYS 2021
Hollyhock Hollow Sanctuary Workday
NEW DATE: Saturday, September 25 from 9 a.m. to Noon
Help clear, lop, and mulch around the Hollyhock building for future revitalization and pest control work. We’ll also be working on the gardens and doing as much clean-up as we can on the grounds around the building. All hands are welcome for our potential final workday of the season.
Friday, October 1st – Bender Melon Mountain Bike Trail Work
Check back soon to register!
This season MHLC will limit the use of volunteers for specific workday projects BUT, we ask all hikers on our preserves to help us with the following:
- While hiking, observe the trail conditions. If you see something that needs to be addressed (falling tree, damaged signpost or kiosk, trail overgrowth, etc.), take a picture of the issue and email us with a specific location.
- Please remove sticks or debris off the trail.
- Pick up trash on the trail, in the parking lot, or along the roadside.
If you wish to volunteer or have any further concerns, please reach out to email@example.com. Please see MHLC’s Guidelines for Volunteering and Social Distancing with Stewardship.
If you are attending a workday this season; you must complete the 2021 Volunteer Work Day waiver.